This Week’s GOSPEL PASSAGE: Mark 11:1-11
Questions to Ponder [adapted from Ashes to Fire Adult Bible Study Guide]
Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem was the fulfillment of a prophesy recorded in Zechariah 9:9 over five hundred years before the ride into Jerusalem occurred. As you read the Old and New Testament passages:
- What thoughts and feelings do you have about these passages of Scripture?
- Who did the people in the crowd think Jesus was? What did they expect him to do?
- What are the main differences between Jesus’ mission and the people’s expectations?
- Do you think a suffering servant and king would be any more or less popular in today’s world? Why or why not?
Record your thoughts in your Ashes to Fire journal.
Life Application [adapted from Ashes to Fire Adult Bible Study Guide]
There is no denying that through the cross and resurrection, Jesus Christ has demonstrated the way of the servant, bore the sins of the world, and given us the hope of new life.
- Record a prayer (or pray silently), thanking Jesus for willingly entering into Jerusalem and ultimately onward to the cross.
- The word “hosanna” translates as “save.” Give thanks to the Lord for how he poured out his life for you and the Church.
- Proclaim Jesus as Savior and Lord of your life.
For additional Scripture reading and study: