Passage: Proverbs 16:16-25
Verse: Proverbs 16:24 (NIV 2011)
Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
In this passage of Scripture we are told to be prudent.
May we, as the definition of prudence suggests,
- have good sense in dealing with practical matters
- use good judgment and carefully consider the consequences of our actions and act accordingly
- carefully manage our resources so we may be able to provide for the future.
However, in addition may we remember the words of Proverbs 16:
- How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver!
- Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.
Where do we get this wisdom… get this insight… and get the proper instructions for us to live a prosperous life in the eyes of the Lord? Where else but from the Holy Scriptures! May you find time to read and study your Bible. May you glean from your reading and study those things that, when put into action, lead to a blessed life. Furthermore, may you learn to share the wisdom, insight, and instructions that come to you from the Lord with others… because the gracious words [you share] are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones for you and for those whose lives you touch. (inspired by Reflecting God – Devotions for Holy Living, WordAction Publishing Company)